Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Emma on her bike!


We have been so busy painting the back of our house, a deep gray, that it is so nice to just take a step back from that project and enjoy the kids! Anything to keep our minds off the devastation from our Cedar River flooding last week. We were very fortunate that our home was not flooded. But it is so hard to see all the devastation in our city. We live just a few miles from where the river flooded so it is very close to home for us. We were outside Sat. evening and we could smell the sour water when the wind would hit in a certain direction. I can't even imagine the sadness the homeowners must feel. But there were very few people that were hurt which is just amazing and everything that was destroyed can and will be rebuilt. We had a very wet and snowy winter as you can see on our blog so all the rain we have had over the last few weeks just had no place to go. The historical Paramount Theater where Emma had her dance recital was flooded. I have a pic on the blog of her standing in front of it. The good news is that neighbors are helping neighbors and this disaster has brought our community closer.

We have also been working on landscaping our back yard which is turning out to be a bigger and more expensive project than we expected. We bought the kids a 15 ft trampoline and they love it. Of course we had to get the enclosure with it but it has turned out to be a great investment! The kids seem to be in bed early these days...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you guys were not flooded! Mom thought of you when we heard about the flooding on the news and we have been hoping you were not affected. I remembered Kim saying that you guys had a blog so I did a search and it popped right up. You have a gorgeous home! After seeing all the work you guys put into that house I am sure glad it wasn't flooded. Mom and I both agree that Emma looks like Barbara. She's a little doll. It was nice to peek in on you.

Mario and Amy Andreani said...

Hey Michelle,



Thanks for your sweet comment! I'm so glad to hear from you guys! I sometimes feel like I moved away and have just lost touch with the family. How are you guys doing? How is motherhood? I bet Jan just loves that baby... Please email me some pics of you and your family! I did get your Christmas card and he is a cutie!



Lets try to email and stay in touch! I'll ask Kimi to forward my email to you! Take Care! ~Amy