Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Preparing to decorate our Christmas tree...

Our tree had a small problem this year. We bought this pre-lit tree 4 years ago on sale at Hobby Lobby and have enjoyed being able to NOT worry about putting lights on it until this year. I went to plug my tree in and I know this is crazy but only 20 lights worked out of 500!!! I did what any person in my situation would do, I checked every light. After about 3 hours of frustration we went to Wal-mart and bought lights and can happily say our tree now has lights!!! Whew I thought I might lose it. Pulling the lights off the tree was the main challenge because they were attached with nice little hooks that were very hard to get off. Mario and I now know the logic behind this the company wants you to just go out and buy another pre-lit tree but we could not justify or afford that. I will say the thought crossed my mind a lot during the 3 hour process! :)
I know it looks like a big mess!!!

I have been married for 10 years this Dec. so I have collected a lot of Christmas decor over the years... I started pulling out my garland, stockings and decorations for our house first. I find the easiest way is to pull all of it out of the tubs I store it in and lay it all out in my bedroom floor. It takes me a few days to get the creative side of my brain going!:) I hate to even admit this but the pics I took don't include all of my Christmas collection. I still have 2 tubes not shown full of Christmas ornaments and picks. But I shop after Christmas for deals so most of my decorations were purchased 50% off. I did buy a new Christmas CD this year and I really recommend it. It's a new Faith Hill, Joy to the World. I try to buy 1 Christmas CD a year to add to my collection. We put our Christmas tree up early before Thanksgiving because we like to travel back to OKC to visit family and friends for Thanksgiving. So when we return everything is done! :) Well I'm off to finish decorating our house. We did the tree last night as a family. Mario kept trying to sneak off to play the guitar but he was a pretty good sport. I will post some pictures of our tree soon. I like to just sit on our sofa, light a candle, play my Christmas music and just stare at the tree after the kids go to sleep. I like to drift away into Christmas memories of the past and think about how truly blessed I am. Have a good week! ~Amy

2 comments:

Oliver's said...

The great thing about this post....it looks just like my house right now!!!! Oh except for the flood. I can't wait to see the finished product. You decorating genius you. 9 days and counting!!!!!Miss you,Paula

Michelle Shults said...

It's too early for Christmas! :) I'm sure you will have a gorgeous holiday home so I will be looking forward to seeing pictures. Holiday lights are such a pain, but the final product is usually worth it.