Saturday, December 12, 2009

Snow and more Snow!

We bought these cute little mittens at the store Tuesday Morning to keep Elise's hands warm. It has been so cold here in Iowa.
Ethan and Emma playing around the house in their pj's. She is a cowgirl she said. We have to really use our imagination since we have been stuck inside the house because it has been so cold.

We got 15 inches of snow this week!



It is beautiful for the first few days now I'm ready for it to melt. I know I have a bad attitude about it, but it is so hard to get around with Elise. I think I just need a mini vacation back home to Oklahoma, hopefully it will be warmer than -8 degrees with no snow! Emma reminded me that without snow we would not have snowmen, snow angles, or snowballs! I told her she was absolutely right and asked her to forgive me when she heard me complaining about the snow! :) Elise has been smiling now. She doesn't do it for just anything or anyone so we are always working hard to do something funny to make her smile because when she does smile it is beautiful! I will try to catch her and take a picture. The kids are so excited for Christmas. Next week will go very fast because Mario is having friends over for video games and hot wings on Friday so I will clean all day Thursday. And Sat. I am hosting my first jewelry party for a friend at church. Then Sat night we promised the kids we would go look at Christmas lights. This year they want to do it all. Christmas music all the time, Christmas cookies, gingerbread house, look at Christmas lights, see Santa, and write Santa a letter. But I was proud to know that they still put Jesus first. I was talking to Mario and discussing when we should open presents before or after Christmas Eve service at our church and Ethan explained to us that we should wait to open presents after service since it is Jesus' birthday. I was very proud of him. :)


4 comments:

MelO said...

Don't worry about cleaning for the boys and the video games and the hot wings. They'll just mess it up and they won't notice!! :) Ha! Kevin is looking forward to it. I'm already tired of winter. But it makes me appreciate summer so much more!

Kimi VanAntwerp said...

Ahhh..Elise is so cute in that hat! And, WOW, Emma looks so grown up and different in this picture! I don't know what it is but, she caught me off guard. I'm ready for you guys to visit also. Have fun with all those Christmas outings and stay warm! Love, Kimi

Michelle Shults said...

Your snow is beautiful, but I'm glad I don't have to deal with the mess. I'd never make it through an Iowa winter. Love Elise's little hat and mittens!

Oliver's said...

That is my favorite pic of Elise Claire so far! Emma looks so different, I can't put my finger on it...just more grown up and Ethan looks like a good sport...brothers are good about that! See you guys in about a week...can't wait!!!!