Monday, November 30, 2009

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."

We bought these red lights for our home in OK and used them once 4 years ago and packed them away until this year! The kids really like them. Mario had to get back up on the HUGE ladder for the top peak. After our summer of painting he said he wasn't going to get on it again for a long, long time. It is pretty scary up that high! I think we keep our neighbors entertained! After we put the lights up, put the huge ladder back in the garage, we walked out to the street to do a "Griswold light production" (I felt like we were in the Christmas Vacation movie, I haven't seen that movie in years) and the top light on the highest part of the peak was not working. Mario couldn't let it go so he gets the ladder back out, climbs to the top, and about breaks his neck literally to fix the burned out light! Needless to say our lights are up, stockings are hung and I plan to finish my Christmas shopping this week!!! :) Sorry this is so blurry, my camera has a mind of it's own these days! Maybe Santa will bring me a new one! :)



We love fresh garland, it smells so good!

I really like our urns on our front porch! It's amazing what some clippings from you own garden and red dogwood can do to add a little charm!








4 comments:

Oliver's said...

One word... Gorgeous!

Kimi VanAntwerp said...

Everything looks great! Mario, you are THE MAN! I'm glad he's okay. Christmas Vacation is my all time favorite. We have a tradition of watching it every year at Christmas time.

MelO said...

Your house looks great! It's all lit up when I drive home from work. Good luck to Mario getting on the big ladder once it's time to take the lights down. :)

Michelle Shults said...

Beautiful as always! Casey gripes about getting on the ladder every year and we don't have a two story house. I'll have to remind him that it could be worse. :)