Monday, March 22, 2010

Relaxing during a nice bath or nap!



Elise LOVES her bath time, she has learned to look forward to it. She splashes like a fish. She is in awe of her hands! She has had good control of them for sometime now. She pulls hair, earrings, books I'm reading to the kids, food, anything in her reach now. And everything goes straight for her mouth. I can't believe she will be 5 months soon.
Her eyes still get very red like this when she gets very tired. It's funny because by the time she wakes up from her nap the redness is gone! :)



Our 11 year old and 9 year old cats enjoying our sun room. They must have finally worked out their differences because they haven't been hanging out much the last few weeks. Talk about a "cat fight" but now all is well again!;) They wouldn't even eat at the same time, strange I know. We took the kids to Des Moines this weekend and had a great time. It was nice to have a family day and enjoy each other, I feel so blessed. We found a great deal on a weight machine and we will pick it up this week sometime so next Monday will start our life changing eating habits. I'm very excited about it! Mario and I are not only going to start cleansing our bodies of all the junk we eat but we are changing the kids eating habits as well. On the weekends we will treat ourselves to a "fun food day" within reason because we are going to be realistic about this diet. We did this before about 8 years ago and both of us lost about 15 lbs each very quickly so I'm ready. I'm also ready to be able to carry Elise, all 16lbs of her, and not get sore arms! That's how out of shape I am. I know it's going to be a hard road but we're doing it together! I hope I'll have good news in a few weeks of inches being lost!:) I need this because I haven't been feeling very energetic!







3 comments:

Michelle Shults said...

Elise is so stinkin cute! Good luck with the diet! We are trying to ear more healthily as well.

Jan Shults said...

Elise is getting so big. I think she has about outgrown that bathtub. It's hard to imagine that in 3 months Emmett will be that big. The 1st 2 months went by so quick so I know it will be here before you know it. I can't wait until he & Miles can play together.

Jan Shults said...

Elise is getting so big. I think she has about outgrown that bathtub. It's hard to imagine that in 3 months Emmett will be that big. The 1st 2 months went by so quick so I know it will be here before you know it. I can't wait until he & Miles can play together.