Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Elise Claire at 14 months...

expression after she saw her new puzzle that makes sounds...
The big present Ethan got from his grandma and grandpa!

Elise I think was more excited about the Zhu Zhu's than Emma...


Elise had to be right there in the middle of the action...



Elise doing her new puzzle, she is really good at puzzles. This is cool because it makes sounds...






Climbing onto sofa...


she is very dramatic about most everything...


And loves Emma's Zhu Zhu pets.




opening presents...



Well Elise is quite the adventurous baby girl. She expresses herself in many ways these days. Last week I had given her a little bowl with lid of crackers because she loves to walk around the house with it. And when she ate them all she came to me poking my leg with her finger to get my attention saying "mor, mor" for more holding her bowl up until I gave her more of the crackers. She will now say "yay" and clap when she gets excited or is proud of her accomplishment.
For example today I stepped into our office to get a book and came back to her standing on our dining room table clapping and saying, "yay." To say she is a climber is an understatement. The girl never stops moving. Our dining room chairs now stay pushed away from the table. Today I turned on Sesame Street for a few minutes and put her in Ethan's old comfy red chair that is just her size and I kid you not she sat there eating her snack gabbing at Elmo having a grand time UNTIL I walked out of the room for a minute and came back to her standing on our sofa clapping with her beautiful smile just so proud of herself. And she has no patience at all. The other night I was feeding her and I stopped to help Ethan and she called "momma, momma, momma" and I guess I didn't make it back fast enough for her because she started feeding herself but with her FORK! She doesn't like to be dirty. If her hands are sticky from something she cries and holds them up to me for me to clean them. And she knows our schedule. She gets her bath in the mornings so right after she wakes up she goes straight for our tub and points to it. Then we load the dishwasher together and she MUST help me or she cries. Then we get beds made which she finds very amusing. And she LOVES to have her hair and teeth brushed. She hates socks I mean the second I put them on she is pulling them right off. She knows how to say, "bye bye"and will get her shoes and hat if you tell her lets go bye bye.:)
She will give the best hugs now with a firm squeeze and a pat on your back with a kiss. If you raise your voice at her for example when I caught her standing on our dining room table it scared me so I quickly grabbed her and said "no" very firm and she knew I was not happy so she cried. She is a very smart girl, she knows when she has been naughty. Like when she turns the Wii off on Ethan when he is just about to defeat a level on his game. She pushes the button and looks over her shoulder at Ethan and then takes him her favorite book for him to read. I think she honestly just wants his attention and knows when she turns it off she GETS it. But Ethan is good about it, he just screams ELISE and then she smiles at him and holds her book out to him and he just says, "ok I'll read your book to you." She has us all wrapped around her finger. She is definitely the BABY in the house.
She takes 1 nap usually but always around 1:00. She is FINALLY sleeping through the night that just happened recently. She walks like a she's been doing it forever and loves to dance to music. But of all our kids she is a daddy's girl. When Mario comes home she screams with excitement and just hugs all over him gabbing away about her day sometimes I'll hear momma and then a bunch of sounds and then points at me. She is quite the sweetie. I'll post more pictures of Ethan and Emma at Christmas soon!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Elise is really growing up. It's sweet of Ethan to read to her. If Emmett starts climbing like that, I don't know if I can keep up with him. I can tell he is going to be more of a climber than Miles was but so far the only table he's climbed on is a kids picnic table.