Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lazy Days...

 Elise napping...
 Ethan playing a little Donkey Kong on the Wii with Mario...
Emma playing with her dolls in my dining room...

January brings some crazy cold temps in Iowa. Today when we went to church it was 5 degrees. You would think after living here going on 5 years I would get used to it, but I haven't. We stay at home a lot playing games, watching movies, and just hanging out with each other. Come March we will start to venture out and do outdoor activities again so until then we will be having a lot of lazy days.

Mario and I made a pizza recipe with all fresh ingredients. The crust turned out pretty good but the pizza sauce needs some tweaking still. We really enjoy cooking together these days. We really don't ever  eat  out anymore. We find it is more fun trying out all kinds of recipes in the comfort of our kitchen. We made a chili recipe a few weeks ago that was delicious.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Don't worry, I've lived here 33 years and I'm still not used to it. I think it is something that just never feels normal! I'm pretty certain that in heaven it won't get below 65 :-)

MelO said...

Hi Amy! I have a pizza sauce recipe that we really like. Let me know if you want it. And every time it snows Sonja makes us go outside to play and I hate it because I hate winter and she insists that no, you LIKE winter mommy. Ha! Stay warm!