Friday, May 2, 2008

I just wanted to share that we lost someone very special to our family this morning Mary Lee, Mario's Grandma. She would always get me laughing. She knew how to make a person feel comfortable and it was very easy to just sit back and talk with her about "the old days" in her life. You would be was addressed as "Honey or Sweetie" which to me always sounds nice and makes me feel special. I will always cherish our visit to her home in Prescott when we lived in California. It was the most peaceful place. It rained the entire weekend we were there, so we played games with her and Mario's Grandpa Joe and had delicious meals. It was so nice coming from the fast pace life we had in California. We went shopping together in downtown Prescott which was when I first realized my interest in antiques. They drove us around their beautiful town telling us of the history and Mary Lee and I really got to know one another and realized we had a lot in common! She had a love for art and decorating. She was quite the artist, she had her paintings hung all through her house. I could tell she had a special place in her heart for Mario or "Chip" as she loved to call him. I feel very blessed that I got to know Mary Lee and I know she is in a better place with God. Mary Lee and Joe are an inspiration to Mario and I because they could argue like the best of them but at the end of the day you knew just how much they loved each other. You will be missed Mary Lee...
~Love, Amy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are saddened to hear of Mario's gramma passing. You are in your prayers and thoughts.

-Bonnie & John

Oliver's said...

Mario and Amy, I am so sorry to hear about your loved one. Grandma's are so very special. I am so happy for you both that you have so many fond and beautiful memories of her. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. God bless you, Paula