Monday, May 26, 2008


Last Sat. we worked all day in our soon to be garden! First Mario had to weed eat the entire area which took up most of our day. But we knew we had to get it down to the dirt before we could plant. Then we borrowed a rototiller from our friends which was a little more exciting. I think Mario actually enjoyed that part as you can tell by these pictures I took! Then the best part, planting our pumpkin and corn seeds! I'm hoping we will have something grow after all our hard work. The kids got to plant the seeds which they loved. I'll keep you updated on the progress. This is very exciting for us because Mario and I have never tried to grow pumpkins or corn before. I am looking foward to this fall and I'm hoping we can have a Fall Harvest party and decorate some of our pumpkins! Plus what a neat fall display we could have with all our corn stalks and different pumpkins. We planted 2 varieties of corn and 4 varieties of pumpkins! I'm hoping for a sucess!!! :)

No comments: