Sunday, August 17, 2008

Some fun shopping!

"Before"



I have had this antique chair for a few years now with the intent of always reupholstering it but just never did. But now I have the fabric. I bought this muted red and amber toile at Wal-Mart on sale for $3.00 a yard! I think it looks nice with the chair coloring. I want to wait and find some trim before we put it all together.


"After"


Our Wal-Mart is closing its fabric department so all the fabric is 50% off! So I got this pink tulle fabric for cheap around .45 cents a yard to make Emma's bed skirt with for her bed. And a new frame for her room. I can't wait to put it all together.








I thought this turned out to be a cute little sign for $6.00 at Hobby Lobby. I found a sign similar at Horchow for around $45.00 but never could justify spending that much. I did a little bargin shopping this weekend.


3 comments:

Oliver's said...

Did I see my high school grad on your memo board?ha ha! I love this little nook in your house, I had no idea it was there. So cute. The sign looks perfect. I am anxious to see that great looking chair take shape. Keep me posted on the progress.

Michelle Shults said...

you'll have to post pictures of Emma's room when you get it finished. You are just full of cute ideas and everything you do turns out beautifully!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, it's Melanie Ostmo! I think Mario sent your blog to Kevin and he sent it to me. Anyway, thanks for the tip about half off fabric at the Marion Wal-Mart! I went and bought a ton of stuff on Saturday. I don't know what I'm going to do with all of it but it was all super cheap. Ha! :)