Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Our Butterfly Garden


We bought this mix of flower seeds at Lowe’s for $8 and planted them in May with the kids. It took a few months for the flowers to take off but it turned out to be very pretty! The kids love to watch the butterflies, they attract many different varieties. We had a small problem with japanese beetles eating the leaves on a few of the varieties of flowers but luckily they seem to have left. They are very annoying little beetles I must say. Last year they attacked one of our japanese trees but they seem to have left them alone this year. Next year I want to plant some hydrangeas so I can clip them and put in a vase in our sunroom. I'm not a big rose’s person but I love hydrangeas.

2 comments:

Oliver's said...

If I were a butterfly I would fly in for a visit to your garden, great job guys! This picture is beautiful. Paula

Michelle Shults said...

I love hydrangeas too! Your flower beds are lovely. I can't wait for the temps here to cool off so I can do more planting. I've been looking at magazines for inspiration and your yard looks like it's straight from the pages of a magazine.