Saturday, January 23, 2010

Our cheap sideboard find on Ebay!


Outside it is cold and icy on our driveway but inside I'm ready for SPRING! In Oklahoma where our family is from it is warm and beautiful so I've been told, maybe that's why I'm ready for warmer nicer weather even though I have lived here in Iowa for going on 5 years. I should know better but a girl can hope, right! And with Groundhog Day soon approaching (I know I'm stretching here but just entertain me) maybe Iowa will have a short winter! Please, Please, Please!
With that being said I put some bird nests out in my house!

Last week we bid on this antique sideboard on eBay and won it for next to nothing. That was the other reason for our drive to Chicago, we picked it up. When we loaded it Mario and I were very disappointed on the shape of this piece. I even called my best friend who was at market in Texas shopping for her boutique in a panic with questions about a good painting technique. But Mario and I have an appreciation for old things and decided to try and repair and bring back the piece. It took nearly all day and some help from this product below, sorry I put in sideways.:)






And here it is in our living room (please excuse the wire mess I'm going to make something to conceal all Mario's speaker wires soon), we moved our black armoire to the basement for storage which we needed desperately so all is good. And for under $100 including products to restore it we now have a nice antique! Some day Mario and I would love to open up an antique shop but that is me dreaming!:)




4 comments:

Jenny said...

Amy, that is beautiful!

Jan Shults said...

Your hard work paid off. It looks great!

Kimi VanAntwerp said...

That is gorgeous! I wish Jim would let me get something like that for our tv. He insists on having a custom made cabinet (exact size of course)which he hasn't ordered yet...in three years!

cheap wardrobes said...

You are very lucky to find this beautiful sideboard! It does not look used up, just apply some varnish and it will be even more striking.