Sunday, March 2, 2008

My Grandmother's Bible from the late 1800's!!!

Most people that have been to our home know we have a thing for antiques of any kind, but this one holds a special place in my heart! This is my grandmother's Bible she gave to me. She is still alive, 92 this year, and we talk at least twice a week and she can entertain me for hours with stories of her life! She is still very sharp for being her age and I am lucky to have her in my life! This Bible has been in my family for over 130 years! I keep it in this antique walnut bookcase which has doors on it that close to keep out the dust. I no longer use it b/c of its condition, but it has definitely been a conversational piece in our home! I wanted to share it with you b/c of it's rarity and I think it's very beautiful! Have a good day! :-)

1 comment:

Oliver's said...

Amy this photo looks like something out of a magazine! Did I know you got a crown? It is beautiful. That bible is so wonderful you are a lucky girl! Talk to you soon, miss you too, Paula