Friday, February 13, 2009

Talk about being sick...

Our family has been very blessed to have all stayed healthy this season, until this week. Ethan came down with the stomach virus first on Monday night so I was up with him most of the night. Then Mario got hit with it Wednesday morning and Emma and I that evening. This virus had no mercy on our body. But luckily it was just a 24 hr thing and we are all on our way to recovery. But Ethan has this amazing amount of energy now since he is 110% back to normal while the rest of us are only at about 40%. It's like he ate a whole candy store and more. I've never seen him this excited he just bounces off the walls. I think it's because his body feels so rested since he slept all day Tuesday. He wanted to play Candyland yesterday but for some reason the game just wouldn't end. I played until I just couldn't keep my eyes open and finally just called Ethan the winner which made him happy. Then put a movie in so Mario, Emma and I could take a nap. And today he is in the same mood. Except Emma is not ready for his energy just yet either. So she just cries and screams as loud as she can and calls for mommy every time he starts bothering her. In his defence he just wants her to play but she is still just exhausted. I decided to put his energy to good use and have him help do laundry and load the dishwasher. We went to the grocery store this afternoon and I bought a book with different children songs that included a keyboard that was on clearance for $6 just so I could keep my sanity! There was only one of it's kind at the store and it has only songs about Jesus in it. I truly think God answered my prayers and he knew Ethan needed something to hold his attention long enough for the rest of us to feel better. He is playing the keyboard following the numbers in the book right now and Emma is about to fall asleep. Ah, Ah- Thank goodness! I'm off to clean and disinfect our house. Have a nice weekend! ~Amy

1 comment:

Michelle Shults said...

Oh no! Miles had some tummy trouble this week too, but it was only 1 day. Luckily no one else got sick. I hope you guys are all feeling better soon!