Monday, July 27, 2009

More Swimming fun!

On the last day of swimming lessons we were allowed to take pictures. Emma getting her feet wet!
Emma in the water talking to her friend on the ledge. It is wonderful to watch them laugh and make friends. I have realized our kids love meeting new people. :)

Ethan hanging out with his friends and getting ready to jump in pool.


Emma getting out of pool. They are both so much more confident about the water! The teachers or life guards were wonderful. They are in the pool with the kids in the matching red bathing suits.



Ethan is in the blue swim trunks playing in the water with his friends. Just a few weeks ago Ethan wouldn't leave my side in the water. It is great to see he has overcome his fear of the water. He is still very cautious which I think comes from being the oldest. He has always been cautious with everything he does. Emma on the other hand is a free spirit. Last week during the afternoon we met some friends at a different pool to play and practice swimming which was fun. I wore my new maternity swimming suit, AH! Anyways Baby Elise moved around a lot in my tummy so she must have been wondering what we were doing! But Emma being the "free spirit" that she is said, "Mommy I want to get out of the pool and just sit on the ledge," so I helped her out of the pool and then turned around for a sec to make sure Ethan and his friend were ok and then turned back around to find Emma had jumped into 3 feet water and was completely submerged under water. It really scared me. When I grabbed her out of the water she was smiling BIG and she said, "Mommy I did it I jumped in the water and water didn't get in my nose!" She was laughing so proud of herself. I told her she had scared me but she was too excited over her accomplishment! WOW talk about my heart beating. It was scary turning around and seeing her under water for the first time! We actually left the pool after that! I told her that Mommy was too tired after that experience! But she was so proud of herself! She still talks about!

1 comment:

Michelle Shults said...

What a nice pool! Looks like a lot of fun.