Monday, October 5, 2009

Apple Orchard Fun!

The pumpkin patch.
Emma pointing to a good area to pick apples.

Emma getting help from her friend picking apples.

The girls waiting for lunch! Emma is on the right end.

Today we had a field trip to an apple orchard with our friends and had a wonderful time! The weather was perfect! The kids really enjoyed picking their own apples. It was a beautiful orchard. I bought some apple turnovers for dessert tonight that were made fresh at the orchard. They smell yummy. I think this will have to become a fall tradition. :) About 5 of us ladies went with all our kids and had lunch together. The weather has been very cool and rainy here in Iowa so it was such a blessing to see blue skies! The orchard also had a pumpkin patch and offered trailer rides.
This Tuesday marks 37 weeks! I am starting to feel all of 8 months pregnant too. :) Baby Elise has become a quite the kicker. I think she is ready to have more room! My energy level is slowing down a lot. I've had a great 3rd pregnancy but now I'm officially getting uncomfortable so I'm ready. And I'm starting to have labor dreams.:) I go to the doctor every week starting this Friday so Oct. 27th will be here soon and I can't wait!

2 comments:

Jan Shults said...

Looks like the kids are having a blast. Just think, next year you'll have a one year old to take on your fall outing.

MelO said...

what orchard did you go to? We need some pumpkins! I think we're going to go to the Kroul Farm south of Mt. Vernon on Hwy 1 one of these weekends. Let us know if we can help you out once your baby arrives. We're right down the street!