Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mario painting, painting, and some more painting.




We have been working on this old 1937 cottage we bought 2 years ago all summer. This house was in VERY bad shape. Our neighbors can't believe all the work we have done in such a short amount of time. It was somewhat of a "fixer upper". I don’t know if we would be able to do it again... Anyone who has taken on an old house remodel knows the dedication that comes with owning it. We have painted all wood work, built-ins, walls, and ceilings inside and now the whole exterior of the house including all trim work. I still look at it and go WOW we have totally changed the look of this house. It has been a long road but it's nice that we can say we did all the work ourselves plus all the money we saved not contracting the work out. I wish I had a before picture here of this exterior wall, but I think I was embarrassed to even take one. This side was peeling so bad that some of the wood was in very bad shape. So after doing some major work to the wood we now have finished painting the house our deep grey color and the trim a bright white, I love the finish of the paint we bought. We are so glad our painting project is winding down, finally!!! Maybe our sweat equity will pay off someday. :)

2 comments:

Oliver's said...

The house is looking great!!!! Paula

Michelle Shults said...

Sounds like quite a project! I just hate those tall ladders so kudos to Mario for getting the job done.