Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall is officially here!!!

Our pumpkins are all so fun. I really like our white pumpkins. I noticed at our local grocery store pumpkins and corn stalks are really expensive. I think more people will probably start growing their own gardens next year.
Our Kale is getting so BIG. I love how full they have gotten. I can't believe its already October. Our family has been sick the last few weeks. Mario started it, then I caught it, then Ethan so we have been house ridden for a few weeks but finally we are all starting to feel much better! Yeah!
This is our last pumpkin; we are letting this one grow a little bit longer because Ethan and Emma want to see how big it will get... It has turned a nice orange color. It was supposed to grow anywhere from 200 to 500 lbs depending. But I think this one got off to a late start so I don't think it will get that big. Whew, how would we get rid of one that BIG!!!

2 comments:

Oliver's said...

If you look at this pumpkin sideways it looks like it has eyes and 2 spindly green arms! Just nature imitating art! Good job on the garden by the way! Smiles, Paula

Michelle Shults said...

I love the white pumpkin! I saw a craft project in a magazine a couple of years ago that required white pumpkins, but they are sometimes hard to find and expensive. I'd love to grow a little pumpkin patch one day. Maybe when Miles is older.